Last updated: February 11, 2022
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. You decide how much information to provide. For example, we collect information when you request information, create an account, make a donation, sign up as a volunteer, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, address, phone number, credit card, and other payment information.
Automatically Collected Information
- IP and Log Usage. The IP address is the location of your computer or network on the Internet. We log your IP address for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We also use page hits in the aggregate to track the popularity of pages that people visit in order to improve the quality of the Site. There is no Personal Information collected in our log files.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Donation Information. If you make a donation, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons. For more information about cookies, including how to disable them, see “Your Choices” below.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, support, and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations, and send you related information;
- Respond to your emails, comments, questions, and requests and otherwise contact you about your participation and the use of the Site;
- Communicate with you about Ned for CT, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities;
- Help connect you with others and to solicit volunteers, donations and support Ned for CT and for issues and organizations that we support;
- Contact you if campaign finance laws require us to request additional information from you;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location, and campaign events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content, or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Ned for CT and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you on our Site.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
- To Comply with Campaign Finance Laws.We are required law to collect certain information, such as the name, address, occupation, and employer of individuals who make contributions to Ned for CT. This information is made publicly available by the government.
- To Carry Out Your Requests.We also may be required to disclose personal information in order to carry out your requests when you use the site. Therefore, we might share your personal information with vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf. For example, we will share personal information with third parties as necessary to complete a donation transaction or to deliver an e-mail to someone you have identified or when we disclose your return address as part of the service.
- To Protect You and Ourselves.We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law (e.g., a lawful subpoena or other lawful requests by public authorities), to protect our rights or property, or to protect our donors and supporters from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful conduct, or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
- To Support Democratic Candidates and Organizations.We may disclose selected personal information to other Democratic and/or progressive campaigns or organizations for their use in campaign/organizational activities and other special projects, subject to applicable campaign finance laws.
- With your consent. We will release personal information when it is with your consent or at your direction.
Non-identifiable website visitor data may be collected and used in aggregate to help shape, direct, and improve content of the Site.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent, which information will not be shared with any third parties, provided that the foregoing does not apply to sharing (1) with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (and who will not use such information for their own purposes); (2) if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation or to comply with law enforcement or legal process; and (3) if the user consents to our sharing of such information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button, which let you share actions you take on our Site). Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S.
Ned for CT is based in the United States and is directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., we, and our service providers, may store, access, or transfer your information to jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may change your subscriber information or change your information, at any time by emailing us at [email protected]. However, we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Sites and your experience. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Sites or in emails relating to the Sites to collect certain information about usage and campaign effectiveness and monitor user activity on the Sites. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. When you view a video on our Sites, a third party may also set a “flash cookie” on your computer. Removing and rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Sites. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. However, if you choose to remove or reject browser or flash cookies, this could affect certain features on our Sites.
Subscribers to our email list may opt-out of their subscriptions via a link at the bottom of each email. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account.
Children’s Privacy Statement
To help ensure the safety and privacy of children, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. We do not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site. The Site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13.
If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 13 as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records.
Ned for CT takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.